The Cost of a £90,000 Mortgage in Redditch
Helping you find the true cost of taking on a £90,000 mortgage in Redditch
There are many things that can actually affect the cost of a mortgage in Redditch. Making sure you have the facts and the information to establish the cost of a mortgage must be a priority for anyone who may be looking to take on a mortgage for the first time, maybe you’re looking to move home or maybe remortgage in Redditch.
The cost of a £90,000 mortgage in Redditch if you’re taking one on for the first time.
If you’re considering purchasing your first home it can be overwhelming but exciting at the same time, you must appreciate that what you’re about to step into is a huge financial commitment. We have compiled a list of the main expenses you could expect to pay as a first-time buyer in Redditch. Hopefully this will go someway into preparing you for the purchasing of your first home.
How much generally will a first-time buyer need to put down as a deposit taking a £90,000 mortgage in Redditch?
In many cases if you’re looking to take one of the first time buyer mortgages you can expect to put a deposit in somewhere between 5% and 25% of the purchase price of the property. Most of the research we carried out, suggested that first time buyers would struggle to put more than 10% down as a deposit. The deposit would usually be made up from savings or gifts from family members.
The average price of a UK home was at around £232,944 (according to Land Registry figures for October 2019), this means you need to have a deposit of more than £23,000 if you want to buy with a deposit of 10%, this means that you will be applying for a mortgage at 90% loan to value. If you were able to have a bigger deposit, this will generally mean there is less risk to the lender and ultimately the lender may then be able to offer you better terms as a result. Which simply means you may be able to get a better rate of interest for your first time buyer mortgages. Generally speaking, if you had at least a 25% or even more, your terms offered by the lender would be much more appealing.
Things to consider as a first-time buyer in addition to the deposit if you’re taking a £90,000 mortgage Redditch.
Q. What will the monthly repayments be for £90,000 first time buyer mortgages in Redditch?
A. It would be determined by a number of other factors
- How much you ultimately borrow
- The term (how long the mortgage is taken over)
- What interest rate you will be charged
It goes without saying that, the more you borrow, the more you will have to pay back to the lender. Although your actual monthly payment will be lower if you have a longer mortgage term. However, if you have a longer-term mortgage this will result in you paying interest on the debt for longer, so whilst the monthly payments may be more attractive, potentially the total amount you repay is likely to be much higher.
Q. What types of interest rates are there available in Redditch?
A. There are lots of ways that a lender may want to charge interest against your first time buyer mortgages in Redditch, they include:
Variable, these interest rate types are where the lender may adjust the rate offered up or down according to economic climate such as changes in the Bank of England’s base rate
- Fixed, this type of interest rate means you lock yourself and the lender in to a pre-determined rate agreed by both parties at the outset. This rate can’t change for a specified period, which might be anything from two to five years in most cases
- Capped, simply meaning a rate that is variable but will not rise beyond a specified level again agreed at the outset.
- Tracker, This rate tracks usually the Bank of England’s base rate. Therefore, a tracker might be described as ‘base rate + 1%’, which means it will sit at that level with an extra percentage point on top of the BOE rate.
The cost of a £90,000 mortgage if you’re looking to move home in Redditch
Buying a home in Redditch would most certainly be considered a huge event in anybody’s life. After all it will normally take a good few years to pay off your new mortgage maybe even more if you had to look at bad credit mortgages. There is also a lot to understand and things you don’t want to forget in the buying process.
You may want to consider when purchasing your new home things like:
- Utility costs – are they more than what you pay now?
- Council Tax banding in Redditch – Which band is the property in?
- Internet & broadband options – What is the connection like at the new home?
- What are the schools like? Will my children need to go to another school?
- What are the crime statistics for the area
- What days would the refuge be collected?
- Are you able to transact this new mortgage yourself or do you need a mortgage broker?
- Who is the electricity and gas suppliers at the new home?
- Are there any recreational areas for me to walk my dog?
- Has there been any trouble with nuisance neighbors?
The list is almost endless, but the above is just a few suggestions you may want to ask the vendor.
Other costs to be taken into account when moving home in Redditch
Potential upfront costs
- Stamp duty
- Valuations and surveys
- Legal fees
- Estate agent fees (if you’re selling)
- Deposit, mortgage costs and mortgage broker fees
- Potential costs on the day of the move
- Removal company
- Temporary storage
- Redirecting your main
- Move-out clean
- Settling in to your new home in Redditch
The cost of a £90,000 mortgage is you’re looking to remortgage in Redditch
When you already have a home that is mortgaged and you are looking to switch your mortgage deal for a better deal this is what is called remortgaging and can help you reduce the cost of your monthly mortgage payments, but be careful when choosing a deal, you need to look at the overall cost of the new mortgage rather than the headline rate alone. If you are in any doubt, you ought to be speaking with a specialist mortgage broker.
A good mortgage broker will tend to take both the rate and any fees into account so that you can work out exactly how much you will save by moving to a new deal in Redditch. You should also need to factor in any early repayment charges or redemption fees on your existing mortgage deal if you’re looking to remortgage before it finishes. You may at the time when you took out the initial mortgage have needed to look at bad credit mortgages, if this was the case you undoubtedly need to discuss your options with your mortgage broker when you are looking to remortgage.
Some of the fees that may be applicable when you decide to remortgage in Redditch may include:
- Remortgage arrangement fees – Lenders will often charge an arrangement fee to set up your new mortgage.
- Mortgage booking fees – There may be arrangement fees, some lenders will also charge a booking fee which you must pay to secure the remortgage deal you want.
- Remortgage legal fees – These legal fees are the costs you must pay a solicitor or conveyancer to carry out the legal work in order to transfer your mortgage from the old lender to the new one.
- Remortgage valuation fees – The new lender will need to carry out a valuation of your property before they will allow you to remortgage
- Mortgage Early Repayment Charges (ERCs) – An early repayment charge is a fee that you pay your existing lender should you want to leave them before the existing deal expires.
- Mortgage exit fees – The exit fees, sometimes known as mortgage completion fees – are simply an administration charge, which sometimes would be imposed by the existing lender when you pay off your mortgage with them.
The actual cost of a £90,000 mortgage if you bought in Redditch
Many potential buyers just want to know what the potential monthly repayments would be if they borrowed £90,000.
The amount you would potentially pay for a £90,000 mortgage taken over 25 years at an interest rate of 2% based upon a capital and interest rate mortgage would be: £380.86